Friday, July 29, 2005

170,000+ now

I know its felt like forever since I wrote. Washing waribashi is really quite an overwhelming task.



Did I mention that the mold came back. I had to rewash about 10 boxes. The basement at JCCCNC is damp and the chopsticks love to cultivate this fuzz.



Indigo and I went to Yosemite this week and on our way there we stopped in Chinese Camp, CA, to take pictures of mountains of logs. I don't know where they're from or where they're going, but they look like my chopstick piles from far away.

Oh yeah, our collection from restaurants ended last week and although I am relieved about the flow finally slowing down, I am still washing. Kimochi is still contributing and they use wood, so I thought I would just keep going with them for a while.

Thanks to Japantown Merchants Association and JCCCNC, we have identified a storefront in the mall where part of the show will be in September.

Stay tuned for the giant pair of chopsticks I am making for Children's World at the Nihonmachi Street Fair, August 13-14, 2005, in Japantown.

And did I mention that I have about 170,000 chopsticks now?

--