Friday, August 05, 2005

Studio work is good



It is good to work in the studio. Sometimes it is the main way to treat angst. I feel much better today after having worked a bit. When you see a grumpy artist, just tell her she will feel better if she gets to work. Its almost always true. Indigo sang the "I was right" song when I reported an improvement in my attitude.

I also got to hang out with my friend Liz Harvey who makes groovy, playful, conceptual fiber sculptures.

So I collected some dried chopsticks, videotaped some ideas and played a bit. Here is the beginning of an experiment - sculpting what is beginning to look like a figure. Chris Hirano from the JCCCNC asked me "who's the guy on the chair?" "Chris Hirano in chopsticks," was my reply. hee hee. One box of chopsticks goes a long way.